Bright Stars Day Nursery NEWSLETTER October 2021
Welcome again to our new starters. We have had a busy month here since the summer holidays.
A massive thankyou to everyone that has donated to the setting the deconstruction area is looking amazing. We are still after some road signs if you know where we can get any!
Have a look on our Facebook page to see what we have been up to and make sure you give us a like, just search for “Bright Stars Day Nursery”.
TERM DATES: Half term week is the week commencing 25th October so if your child is term-time only, enjoy the week break and we will see you back on Monday 1st November (remember to dress up in Halloween clothes that day!)
CORE STORY: Every month we focus on one core story and plan activities around it. The children love it and they get so much from it. This month’s core stories are:
- Baby room – Who’s on the broom?
- Pre-school – Room on the broom
- Forest School – The Gruffalo
If you have these stories at home, why not read them to your child this month?
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:
Week commencing 4th: World space week. We will be doing lots of activities based around this and we cannot wait!
Tuesday 5th: World teacher day!
Thursday 21st: World singing day where we plan to sing allllllllllll day!
Friday 29th and Monday 1st November: We will be dressing up for Halloween on both these dates and there will be certificates for best dressed. Come join in the fun!
SCHOOL LEAVERS 2022: Any child born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 will need to apply for their Primary school place, you can start applying for schools now until the15th of January 2022. When you have applied for your child’s school place please can you let a member of staff know, thank you.
COVID UPDATES: From the 16th August rules on isolating have changed, here are the changes: People who are double jabbed or aged under 18 will no longer be legally required to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case. You must have had the 2nd jab for at least 14 days for this to count though so please make sure you know the dates. If in doubt, please get in touch and we can advise.
Have you seen this month’s homework? Why not go on a lovely autumn walk and collect natural resources for us to use in our play? This could be conkers, leaves, pinecones, and twigs. Please bring these in and give to a member of staff and add photos on Babysdays. We cannot wait to see what you find on your walk!
- With the weather changing again please can we ensure children are bringing in coats and wellies for when they go outside
- Please can we remind you that if your child receives 30-hour funding you will need to re confirm every 3 months. If not, you could lose the funding.
- We love to have family pictures in the room for the children to see them, if you can print some out or email them to us to print, that would be amazing. The children love finding their photo as this gives them the sense of home when unsettled too.
- Please ensure on collection or drop off that you ring the doorbell, do not assume that the person in the office has seen you to ring the room. Sometimes we are in meetings or on calls. Please look for eye contact from Kirsty or Diane and if we give you a wave, we know you are here and will alert the room.
- Our policy is that if your child needs Calpol before they arrive, they should not attend the setting as this indicates they are not well enough to be here. So if you need to give them Calpol then please keep them home until they are well enough to return.
- Please be courteous of others when parking in the car park, do not block the entrance or park in the middle of the car park. We are very aware that we do not have a large car park but if we all did our bit to park the best we can, it will be a lot easier for everyone 😊
- Can you remember to label your child’s clothes please and whilst we are still seeing some sun we will need sun cream in their bag.
- Can we encourage you all not to bring toys in from home? It is very upsetting for a child if it gets lost or stolen.
- Baby room parents – the bell can be a bit temperamental, so please make sure you press it hard. If no response, just give a little tap on the window to alert the staff.
- A reminder that if you bring a packed lunch in for your child, it needs to be balanced and there should be NO NUTS under any circumstances. We are a no nut setting due to 2 severe allergies. This means no chocolate spreads or Nutella products please.
Thank you for understanding.
Shannon is the new setting SENCO (special educational needs co-ordinator). If you would like to discuss anything with her, please let the office know who will arrange for you.
Aminah graduated in Early Years this month and we are so proud of her!
WELL DONE TO ALL OUR STARS!
Babies – Ahyan, Noah, Darcie & Taimur
Preschool – Alana, Louie, Hadi, Jacob, Emilia & Mingaudas
Forest school – Laila, Millie, Elliot L & Samir
Staff – Emma, Josh, Safia & Shannon!
GETTING TO KNOW US:
This month it is Josh’s birthday so we thought we would get to know him 😊
I started working at Bright Stars around 8 years ago where I started as the Toddler room leader and progressed my way up to Senior and Forest School Leader.
My main project that I am trying to develop is the Forest School doing unique activities (eventually) like wood calving and fire making! I am currently in the process of doing my Level 3 Forest qualification to enable me to do more fun activities.
In my spare time, I enjoy coaching my eldest son’s football team and supporting my other son with his martial arts. I love rewatching frozen over and over again with my daughter and love that she now comes to Bright Stars with me. Me and my wife love going to Warwick castle at every chance we possibly get!
STARS AND SPARKLES:
Stars and sparkles charity are running free parent courses and are in need of clear plastic drink bottles with lids and kitchen roll cardboard tubes. Please can you save these at home and bring them in for us to donate please!
FOREST SCHOOL WITH JOSH
What have we got planned this month?
- Lots of free play
- Planting and watering the allotment
- Bug hunts and bird watching
- Autumn potions and collage pictures
- Sensory hunts
All our 3- and 4-year-olds will get time in the Forest School at least once a week to explore the wonderful area we have. Josh has lots planned for the Forest School this month which I know the children will love. Keep an eye on your child’s Babysdays and facebook for photos!
Who is celebrating a birthday this month?
Ronak will be 4 on the 3rd
Edison will be 1 on the 9th
Josh (staff) is on on the 22nd
Emma will be 4 on the 23rd
If you would a cake, please ask a member of staff for a form so we can add to our shopping for you. Happy birthday to everyone celebrating!
Kirsty is walking 100 miles in October to raise money for Breast Cancer Now! Any donations are much appreciated (even £1 would be amazing!).
Any questions, please drop us an email or give us a call.
Thank you, Kirsty & Diane