Bright Stars Day Nursery NEWSLETTER December 2021
We have had a busy month, we had Terry – the photographer and promotional filming, plus some Christmas themed photos too!
Have a look on our Facebook page to see what we have been up to and make sure you give us a like, just search for “Bright Stars Day Nursery”.
As much as we would love to have you all in for concerts, parties etc, we are very conscious about covid and wanting to protect everyone at this special time of year. So, we have decided to do a Christmas party for all our children, and we will take lots of photos for you.
Baby room party is on Thursday 16th December 9-11am
Preschool party is on Monday 13th December 9-11am
All children are invited even if they don’t normally do that session, just bring them down and pick them back up in a few hours! We will be playing party games and having lots of Christmassy fun. Please bring a drinks bottle and party clothes 😊 – what about Christmas colours or Christmas jumpers?
Opening times over the Christmas period are as follows:
For all term time only children, your last day will be Friday 17th December and we are back on Wednesday 5th January. For children who come all year round, we close at 1pm on Christmas eve and reopen on Tuesday 4th January. We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Every month we focus on one core story and plan activities around it. The children love it, and they get so much from it. This month’s core stories are:
- Baby room – Peppa meets Father Christmas
- Pre-school – There’s an Elf in your book
- Forest School – The Jolly Christmas Postman
If you have these stories at home, why not read them to your child this month?
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go.”—. Dr. Seuss, “I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!”.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:
Friday 10th: Christmas jumper day! Wear your Christmas jumpers and join in the festive fun!
Monday 13th: Pre-school Christmas party 9-11am
Tuesday 14th: Santa visiting! All slots now booked
Thursday 16th: Baby room Christmas party 9-11am
Friday 17th: Christmas hat day. Do you have a hat or headband to wear on this day? And Santa is visiting! Have you booked your slot?
All proceeds for all the following will go towards STARS AND SPARKLES CHARITY who are fundraising to buy toys and games for children this Christmas. Please see the gift appeal poster on the main entrance door for more info. So, what have we got on this month?
- Guess how many sweets in the jar competition. Simply make a guess and we will do the rest. The list is in the main entrance.
- An amazing bottle raffle! We would love any donations of bottles you have spare such as shampoo, sauces, pop, squash etc… in fact anything that is in a bottle would be great! Raffle tickets are now on sale from the office – £1 a strip! Come and see what you could win! The raffle will be drawn on Wednesday 15th December…… good luck!
- Reindeer food is now on sale and makes a lovely little gift for the little ones. 50p a bag. Take as many as you want. Again, these are in the main entrance so please come and buy some. They will be on sale for the whole of December.
CAN YOU HELP?
Is anyone able to donate a hat, scarf, and gloves for our snowman we are creating in baby room? Please speak to Kirsty or a member of the baby room if you can help.
If you have any old Christmas jumpers that don’t fit your child anymore, why not donate to us and we can pass it onto someone who may not have one 😊
We share lots on our page about activities we have been doing and any upcoming events etc. we wouldn’t want you to miss out, so please do give our page a like and turn on notifications. We love it when you engage with us too 😊
- Santa is visiting Bright Stars on a few dates in December – please see your email or Facebook for more details. We only have a few slots left, so please get booking. We do encourage parents to come too so you can get a photo with the big man!
- We are working on our holiday display board and would love to see some postcards of your holidays. If you would prefer not to send it, you could always bring it back with you and we will add to the board.
- With the weather changing again please can we ensure children are bringing in coats and wellies for when they go outside.
- Please can we remind you that if your child receives 30-hour funding you will need to re confirm every 3 months. If not, you could lose the funding.
- If your child is in nappies, please bring a nappies & wipes in with you, we do not provide these, thank you.
The main way for your child’s key person to communicate with you is through private messages on the Stars Day Nurseries app. Just type in “stars day nurseries” in your app store, and download the app. We have noticed that some parents haven’t seen these messages. If you are having trouble and not sure how to view these, please bring your phone and speak to Kirsty who will happily assist you.
A reminder of those that are unsure of your log in details; it is the parents first name with a capital letter and then password is the child’s name with a capital letter followed by the DOB in the 2-2-2 format for example:
- Shannon will be doing various SENCO courses this month
- Kirsty is on holiday from Friday 26th November and will be returning Monday 6th December. Please see Diane if you need anything within in this period.
WELL DONE TO ALL OUR STARS!
Stars of the week in November:
Babies: Ibrahim, Ahyan, Ayla, Diyan & Jazmyn
Preschool: Victor, Louie, Isaac & Eisa
Forest school: Laila, Louie & Emilja
Staff: Tracey, Beth & Yaz
We are always so grateful for reviews and would really appreciate some google reviews from you lovely parents if you have a spare 2 minutes 😊
GETTING TO KNOW US: This month are getting to know Tracey!
Tracey is our cook and she makes us all so happy with her yummy, yummy food.
I’m originally from London and moved to Peterborough 30 years ago to be closer to family.
I am married and have 3 children as well as a granddaughter.
I’ve work with children in different roles for as long as I can remember, I started out in playgroups, I owned a nursery I was an Ofsted inspector, foster carer, a TA in a school and joined Stars 5 years ago as a Deputy manager and then as a cook at Bright stars for the last 3 years. I love my job, the children and the staff are wonderful, being a cook allows me to be creative and it is so satisfying to be able to provide the children with meals they enjoy.
In my spare time I like to read books, at the moment my favourite author is James Patterson. I also love to travel and have been lucky enough to go to some amazing places, but I’m always happy to come back to Bright Stars!
FOREST SCHOOL WITH JOSH
What have we got planned this month?
- Making Christmas decorations
- Talking and exploring winter
- Exploring our core story for this month
- Free play
- Letters to Santa
- Winter potions
- Winter sensory hunt
- Bug hunt
All our 3- and 4-year-olds will get time in the Forest School at least once a week to explore the wonderful area we have. Josh has lots planned for the Forest School this month so keep an eye on your child’s Babysdays and Facebook for photos!
REFER A FRIEND!
Have you seen our amazing refer a friend scheme? You get £50 off your next bill so a nice little incentive there! Email us for more information.
Who is celebrating a birthday this month?
Filip will be 2 on the 9th
Jenson will be 4 on the 23rd
Alana will be 3 on the 30th
If you would like a cake, please ask a member of staff for a form so we can add to our shopping for you. Happy birthday to everyone celebrating!
The Christmas post box will be in the main entrance if you have any cards, the children can post it in there and we will make sure everyone gets their cards. If you would like a Christmas card list of children and staff, please let us know!
SCHOOL LEAVERS 2022
If your child is born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 will need to apply for their Primary school place, you only have until 15th January, so please make sure you get that done. When you have applied for your child’s school place please can you let either someone from the office or from the room know, thank you.
Any questions, please drop us an email or give us a call.
Thank you, Kirsty & Diane