A big welcome back to all of our families this term and a big hello to all of our new families joining us! We are super excited to be starting the new term with you all.
To be ready for the term ahead the children will still need a few spare sets of clothes and their own wellies when attending Preschool to have lots of fun outside.
Lunch boxes are still permitted but you will only need to provide a packed lunch if your child is attending a full day, snacks will still be provided and offered to the children throughout the morning and afternoon sessions.
Breakfast club and after school club will be running again this term.
This half term our core story is The Three Little Pigs so ask your little ones all about it at the end of the week! The key people will continue to follow “in the moment planning”. So as we can be sure to set activities to promote your child’s learning based on their interests please let us know any new interests your child may have developed over the lock down period.
We would like to say a big thank you to you all for your continued support during these difficult times. Rest assured we are doing everything needed to keep your little ones, yourselves and the team as safe as possible and some of the extra measures we are taking are detailed below.
If your child or anyone in your household is presenting with any of the Covid symptoms you must get tested and if any members of the house have a positive result you must isolate for 10 days to help keep everyone safe. We will be closely monitoring the wellness of all of the children whilst in the setting to protect everyone.
Extra measures we are taking:
- There will be no free flow play at this time to keep contact in large numbers to a minimum where possible but the children will still access the garden at regular intervals during the day in their set groups.
- There will be an increased cleaning regime throughout the day covering regular touch points and cleaning of all toys.
- Regular hand washing by the children and staff, we even have a fun song that your little ones will soon be singing to you! Children will be taken to wash their hands upon entry to Preschool and again at transition times throughout the session, such as snack time, outside play etc.
- Parents will only be allowed into the garden to drop off/ collect your children at their designated room but this will be under social distancing guidance and we require all parents to sanitise their hands upon entry and exit to the garden please. Only a few parents will be allowed through the gates at any one time, this is for everyones safety and to ensure we stick to social distancing rules at all times where possible, we really appreciate your patience on this as there is a lot of families accessing our wonderful Preschool throughout the day.
- Drop off times will be from 9am, if we are able to open a few minutes early we will and we request that the children are collected 10 minutes before the end of their session to ease the volume of people entering on mass, again there may be a small wait during this transition time and we appreciate your patience and cooperation in facilitating this.
- We request that no items from home are brought into the Preschool to limit possible transferring of the virus.
- Only children staying for a full session of 9-3 will need to bring lunch, again this is to limit the amount of items coming into the setting. The children will still have regular snacks and drinks provided by us and this way they get to have more time to play!
- All children can return to their normal sessions from the 7th of September, we appreciate that some of you would like to stagger your child’s entry back into Preschool and if you contact Jemma we will arrange this.
- To all of our new families Jemma or Jasmin will be contacting you from the 7th of September (if we haven’t already spoken) to arrange settling in sessions for your little ones. The settling sessions will commence week beginning 14th September as this allows us to settle the existing children before then being able to help your little ones adapt to their new exciting routine! We appreciate your patience with us around arranging the times as there is a lot of new families to start.
In the Butterfly room we have Danielle as Room leader and Chloe and Courtney will now be planning lots of fun in there too!! Maria will also be joining in the fun to support over lunch time!
In the Caterpillar room we have Nicola as acting Room leader and her team is Leanne, Amy and Sarah and they are all raring to go this term with Danni joining them to support over lunch time!
We will send texts to every parent to confirm your child’s key person and what room your child will be based in for the time being, until we can hopefully reintroduce free flow again and then all the children will be able to access both rooms.
Sadly, Jasmin will be leaving us in October and we wish her the best of luck in her new chosen role in Woodston School, she will still pop by to say hello and we will all miss her greatly.
As always if you have any concerns or would like to discuss anything then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
See you all very soon!
Jemma and the Woodston Team 😊