13th September 2022
A big welcome back to all our families and their children, and a huge welcome to all new children starting with us this term.
We have a very busy term with lots of exciting experiences for the children. We hope they will have lots of fun and tell you all about them.
Monday 19th September
Please note preschool will be closed on this day as a mark of respect to pay tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
The Gruffalo is a story chosen by some of the children this term, activities will include making scrambled snake, owl ice cream, roasted fox, and Gruffalo crumble and much more. These activities will involve water play and messy play so please ensure your child has a change of clothes with them.
- Building confidence and self esteem – Making new relationships and building trust with key workers
- Extend language skills – Talking about differences in our features, such as eyes and nose. Talking about feelings and stranger danger
- Fine motor skills and gross motor skills –
Building muscles in fingers and hands by using resources to create pictures and models, rolling playdough and using pegs to put up pictures. Using arms and legs to explore balance and co ordination whilst using the larger equipment.
- Explore our senses – Feel, taste, and smell the Gruffalo recipes.
- Counting – Measuring big and small scoops of ice cream and jugs of water
It is with great sadness that Devika will be leaving us on the 30th of September. She will be going on to a new journey with the NHS. We wish her all the very best and will miss her so, so much.
To find out about what your child takes part in whilst in preschool please ensure you log in to your star’s day nurseries app, babysdays, and follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/sdn.parnwell