Bright Stars Day Nursery NEWSLETTER February 2022
Half Term: Monday 14th February – 18th February 2022
“A child can hold a pencil, write their own name, count to 10 or recognise all their colours and shapes, but if they don’t know how to make friends, manage their emotions, resolve conflict, to be independent and have self-help skills, none of the above matters.”
– The Curiosity Approach
GETTING TO KNOW US:
Due to covid and restricted access into the setting, each month we will pick a member of staff from the nursery and write something to help you get to know them better!
This month is: ROSE 😊
- If your child is in the baby room, please feel free to bring in slippers for your little one/s to wear as the room has a no shoe policy and we don’t want their little toes to be cold!
- At nursery we like to plan some lovely experiences for your child, this means that they are very likely to become messy at nursery and this can mean we might need to change your child’s clothing more than once in a day – it would be really helpful if you could bring in a bag with additional clothing for us to be able to change your child’s clothes when they get dirty or wet. Please also label your child’s belongings in case they become lost; this also helps us to identify which child they belong to.
- Please ensure your child is wearing appropriate clothing for the weather, for example a big coat, hat, and gloves. The children have the opportunity to be outside multiple times a day and we don’t want them to be cold.
- If your child is still in nappies, please ensure you bring in your own nappies, creams and wipes for each session or feel free to bring a pack in to leave at nursery as your child will have their own nappy basket. Your child’s key person will ask for more when they are running low!
- We supply fresh drinking water and milk throughout the day to your child. However, it might be easier for you to bring in a named water bottle for your child to access throughout their session and more covid-safe for them also.
- Baby room’s doorbell is temperamental at the moment, please knock on the front window to make the staff aware that you are there so you are not waiting too long.
- A reminder that we are a no smoking site, so smoking (or vaping) must not be done on the premises, this includes the car park. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please can we remind you – If your child receives 30-hour funding, you will need to re-confirm EVERY 3 months. If not, you could lose the funding.
Every month we focus on one core story and plan activities around it. The children love it, and they get so much from it. This month’s core stories are:
Baby room Curly?
Toddlers – The Gruffalo
Pre-school – Duck & Hippo: The secret valentine
Forest School – The Gruffalo’s child
If you have these stories at home, why not read them to your child this month?
Tuesday 1st February – Chinese New Year! The year of the Tiger. We will be planning lots of activities around this.
Friday 4th Wear red day! Come join in on the fun!
Week of 7th Children’s mental health week – look out for all our lovely, planned activities around this and talking about emotions.
Half term week is the 14th-18th February so if your child is term-time only, have a lovely week off! If your child is term-time only, have a lovely week off!
Monday 14th day – come dressed in red or pink!
Thursday 17th: Act of kindness day (again – we have some lovely activities to plan!)
We have a food bank in our reception area, so if you need any personal items or food, please do not hesitate to ask and we can assist you. We are also taking donations for any of these if you have anything lying around. Personal bank has things like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, feminine items, baby oil, ….etc and the food bank is things with a long shelf life i.e. tins, pasta, rice.
You should have all received your log in details for days now – we really do encourage you to go on and check it regularly as your child’s key person will do you a weekly message to let you know how they have been and you can reply on their too. If you are having trouble with logging in, please email me and I can sort it for you.
A reminder of those that are unsure of your log in, it is the parents first name with a capital letter and then password is the child’s name with a capital letter followed by the DOB in the 2-2-2 format for example:
Stars of the week!
Stars of the week in January:
Babies: Diyan, Ayat, Hawwa, Roman & Gracie-Rose!
Toddlers: Harper, Primrose, Filip and Pola!
Preschool: Zayan, Emilia K, Jaxon & Emilia I
DONE TO ALL OUR STARS!
Every child in our setting will be allocated a key person when they first start and a new key person in each room. If you do not know who your child’s key person is then, please just ask or check your private messages as we usually send you a message! 😊
FOREST SCHOOL WITH JOSH
What have we got planned this month?
- Free play in the forest
- Reading our core story – The Gruffalo’s Child
- Arts and crafts around winter
- Looking at the weather
- Bird watching
- Investigative play
All our 3 and 4-year-olds will get time in the Forest School at least once a week to explore the wonderful area we have. Josh has lots planned for the Forest School this month so keep an eye on your child’s and Facebook for photos!
Who is celebrating a birthday this month?
Vilius will be 4 on the 5th February
Max will be 4 on the 5th February
James will be 4 on the 9th February
Darcie will be 2 on the 18th February
Roman will be 2 on the 19th February
Evie-Violet will be 3 on the 20th February
Jazmyn will be 1 on the 21st February
Ayat will be 1 on the 25th February
If you would like to order a cake, please ask a member of staff for a form so we can add it to our shopping for you. We hope you all have a lovely birthday!
Have a look on our Facebook page to see what we have been up to and make sure you give us a like, just search for “Bright Stars Day Nursery”. We share lots on our page about activities we have been doing and any upcoming events etc. we wouldn’t want you to miss out, so please do give our page a like and turn on notifications. We love it when you engage with us too!
DAY NURSERY REVIEWS:
Thank you so much to all those who have given us a day nursery review!
We are asking all our lovely parents/carers to complete a day nursery review for us. It is a quick two-minute questionnaire about our nursery and the services we provide. This would really mean a lot to us if you could fill one out. You can search us on the day nurseries website to complete online or a paper version which we can provide. Thank you again! Submit a Review – Bright Stars Day Nursery (daynurseries.co.uk)