Staff Shout Out: Shannon
Each month we will be celebrating a staff member for their achievements
Congratulations to our Shannon who has successfully completed her Level 2 certificate in Team leading! She worked hard to complete this alongside being the setting senco and a mum at home. We are so proud of her! 😊
- You may see Amy in the setting as she will be doing some keeping in touch days! Yay 😊 We are so excited to welcome her back and of course her little one, we have all missed her lots. She will officially be returning from maternity leave in August.
- Lauren, Kimmy and Shannon have all completed their paediatric first aid!
- Well done to Beth, Shannon, Lauren and Diane who have all completed various courses on EduCare to support their professional development and child care practice!
Sun Cream and Sun Hats:
As the warmer weather has arrived, please can we ask that you bring a named bottle of sun cream and a sun hat for your child to nursery. If you wish you can leave them at the setting so, you do not have to remember each time and they can be used as and when they are needed. We ask that your child does not wear open-toed sandals. As these can be a hazard when they are playing especially in forest school. Thank you.
If your child is not going to attend their session at nursery please ensure that you let us know. We have to mark the children absent on the registers and, it can help us to manage staff and ratios better if we know the exact amount of children attending that session. You can ring, email, or even leave a baby days message for us. We also like to know that your child is okay! 😊
If your child has an accident at home which leaves a mark such as a graze, cut or bruise, you will need to do an existing injury form on babys days before your child’s session at nursery. This is for legal reasons and helps staff to identify new injuries that may occur. If you need support with this, please ask a member of the team or office. We will be happy to help you with this. Thank you.
You may have noticed the ‘2022’ poster outside on the gate with school leavers names on it. We would love it if you could take a photo of your child next to it, tag us on socials, especially if they have their leavers hoody on too!!
Date: Tuesday 23rd August 2022
For this years graduation party we will be having a party in the garden. We will be having a “BBQ” with hotdogs, playing lots of party games and having lots of fun! Please make sure your child has suncream and a hat on for this. It would also be a good idea for T-shirts, shorts and trainers for the children to move around well. (no sandals please)
- We supply fresh drinking water and milk throughout the day to your child. However, we do recommend for you to bring in a named water bottle for your child to access throughout their session.
- If your child is on a course of antibiotics, please remember that it states in our policies that they cannot attend nursery for at least 24 hours after their first dose of the antibiotics. This is in case they have a reaction. Thank you.
- Please ensure that you bring in at least 3 nappies for your child’s session. If we must use a spare nappy, you will be charged £1 for each nappy used. Alternatively, you can bring in a pack of nappies and we can store them here.
- Please do not bring in toys from home, these can easily get broken and misplaced. We have lots of children and it can be difficult remembering whose toy is whose. Thank you.
- Please make sure that you pay your nursery fees on time – unless discussed prior with Kirsty. Late payments or failure to pay will result in a late fee.
- Please can we remind you – If your child receives 30-hour funding, you will need to re-confirm EVERY 3 months. If not, you could lose the funding
Every month we focus on one core story and plan activities around it. The children love it, and they get so much from it. This month’s core stories are:
Baby room We’re going on a bear hunt!
Toddlers – In my mosque!
Pre-school – Going to school
Forest School – Welcome to Alien School
If you have these stories at home, why not read them to your child this month?
- 1st July – International Joke Day
- 22nd July – Last Day of Term
- 27th July – International tiger day
- 29th July – International friendship day
Stars of the week!
Stars of the week in June:
Babies: Aliza, Haris, Zain, Haadi, Gracie- Rose and Hawwa
Toddlers: Ibrahim, Roman, Kamran and Amelia-Rose
Preschool: Louie, Harper, Pola and Neitans
Staff: Shannon, Madeeha, Lauren
DONE TO ALL OUR STARS!
You should have all received your log in details for days now – we really do encourage you to go on and check it regularly as your child’s key person will do you a weekly message to let you know how they have been and you can reply on their too. If you are having trouble with logging in, please email me and I can sort it for you.
A reminder of those that are unsure of your log in, it is the parents first name with a capital letter and then password is the child’s name with a capital letter followed by the DOB in the 2-2-2 format for example:
FOREST SCHOOL WITH JOSH
What have we got planned this month?
- Free play in the forest
- Reading our new core story – Welcome to Alien School
- Looking and caring after our allotment.
- Summer wands
- Bug hunts
- Talking about summer
- Sensory exploration
All our 3 and 4-year-olds will get time in the Forest School at least once a week to explore the wonderful area we have. Josh has lots planned for the Forest School this month so keep an eye on your child’s and Facebook for photos!
Who is celebrating a birthday this month?
Aine will be turning 3 on the 4th July
Gracie-Rose will be turning 2 on the 10th July
Ahyan will be turning 2 on the 20th July
Sebastian will be turning 2 on the 23rd July
Kimmy’s birthday is on the 3rd July
Amy’s birthday is on the 6th July
Beth’s birthday is on the 9th July
If you would like to order a cake, please ask a member of staff for a form so we can add it to our shopping for you. We hope you all have a lovely birthday!
Have a look on our Facebook page to see what we have been up to and make sure you give us a like, just search for “Bright Stars Day Nursery”. We share lots on our page about activities we have been doing and any upcoming events etc. we wouldn’t want you to miss out, so please do give our page a like and turn on notifications. We love it when you engage with us too! 😊
DAY NURSERY REVIEWS:
A MASSIVE thank you to all our lovely parents who have written us a review recently. We cannot tell you how much it means to us to read them; it honestly means the world to us. I know we keep asking you all to do one, it only takes a couple of minutes, and it helps to boost our review score on the website! Thank you so so much for those who have already completed one for us! 😊