Little Stars Day Nursery seeks to excel in the provision of high quality, safe and inclusive childcare. We offer educational programmes in line with the themes and commitments of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. Children are valued and respected as unique individuals and learn through the provision of inclusive, nurturing indoor and outdoor learning environments. We promote positive attitudes to diversity and help children learn to value different aspects of their own and other people’s lives. We work closely in partnership with parents/carers and any other agencies such as Ofsted, Peterborough Early Years, local schools and other professional external agencies to ensure that all children in our care receive the best possible start in life.
Little Stars Day Nursery has been offering integrated childcare services since September 2003. We are registered by Ofsted to offer 95 places for children aged from 3 months to 5 years in our pre-school and nursery and from 4 years to 11 years in our After School Club and Holiday Club. The nursery is open for 51 weeks of the year and the pre-school is term time only.
The building offers easy access to all children and is situated in central Peterborough, making it an ideal childcare choice for many working and local families. We work very closely with all parents and a wide range of local professionals to ensure every child’s needs are met. Children enjoy learning in our safe, secure and stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments, where they are free to explore and develop to their full potential. We value our diverse community and promote an inclusive ethos, currently welcoming children who speak different languages.
The nursery is fully air conditioned, offering children comfort all year round. All food is freshly prepared each day on site by our qualified nursery cook.
Please find below a summary of what we offer -
- A quality, highly motivated staff team with a range of experience across the childcare sector
- Staff experienced in supporting speech and language development and children with special educational needs
- A quality key carer approach, where key carers build strong relationships with children, parents and families right from enrolment through to the transition to school
- Individual observation, planning and assessment in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum (EYFS)
- Purpose built facilities featuring free-flow play throughout the day
- Sibling discounts
- Easily accessible central location
- Full or part time sessions
- Purpose built facilities
- Excellent indoor and outdoor learning environments
- 2, 3 and 4-year-old government grant funding accepted including 30 hours
- All Childcare vouchers accepted
- Open 51 weeks a year, 8am-6pm except bank holidays
- Competitive prices
- Wheel chair access
- Excellent links with the local community, children’s centre and local primary schools
- Regular stay and play sessions for parents and families
- Daily feedback and twice-yearly parent consultations, and high-quality interactive feedback for parents through the use of the Baby’s Days on line system.
Little Stars Day Nursery was inspected in June 2013 and was awarded an ‘OUTSTANDING’ grade by OFSTED. We continue to build on our excellent reputation for providing quality inclusive care for the youngest learners in our area. (Please click on the OFSTED logo to view our report)
Stars Day Nurseries are committed to providing outstanding childcare and early education for children and their families. We are extremely proud of our Nurseries and Pre-school settings and the supportive, stimulating learning environments they offer.
We work in close partnership with families and professionals and aim to build supportive relationships based on honest and open communication. Our ethos is to support, educate and nurture and this commitment is at the heart of all we do. It is an ethos which encompasses our belief that the child, and their individual learning journey, is best supported by highly trained and experienced Early Years Educators. We strongly believe that every child has the right to learn and develop to their full potential. Our staff teams are focused on delivering child care and educational programmes that support each and every child and fully meet their individual needs.
As a well-respected and experienced Early Years Provider, Stars Day Nurseries are extremely proud of the service we provide and in September 2018 celebrated our fifteenth birthday. We are committed to investing in and growing our dynamic staff team and settings. We have high aspirations and incredibly high standards and we believe that our Nurseries and Preschools exceptional achievements clearly demonstrate that our commitment to children and their families is outstanding.